In this 6-week workshop, you'll conceptually explore fractions from 1st grade through 6th grade as you build an understanding around the major concepts we tackle with our students including:
- Meaning of a Fraction
- Equivalence and Comparison of Fractions
- Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
- Multiplication of Fractions
- Division of Fractions
- Ratio and Proportions
Each module will be broken down into 3 main parts:
- Launch the Concept: In this part participants will work through a 3-act task. They will anticipate and analyze student work samples through the progression of learning. The analyses of student works will set up the learning that is about to take place in the rest of the module.
- Connecting & Extending our Thinking: Participants will engage in meaningful tasks supported by an instructional video that models how I would teach the lesson as they engage as students. Through modeling best practice and connecting it to best practice, teachers will understand how to harness these tasks and activities to move students through the progression of learning as it relates to fractions.
- Building Fluency: Once a conceptual understanding is developed it is critical that students build fluency. It is here where participants will engage in meaningful practice that supports the understanding that was constructed earlier in the lessons.
If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].